Monday, August 17, 2009

I was just minding my own business...

I pulled into the WalMart parking lot in Edna, Texas the other evening, and was flabbergasted at what I saw . There was a big rig pulling a trailer loaded with some de-lectable auto types. I am an old car nut, anyway, so I was quickly out of my vehicle, snapping pictures as fast as I could.
. The man in the picture walked over to me and I asked where they came from, and where they were going and he told me the middle one was his.
"My name is Porch" he said, "and that's a Porsche." He said he found it in Florida.
I asked where the Rolls was going and he advised it was going to California. My only concern was that it should be covered; flying debris or a rock could injure that pretty paint job or shatter that windshield. I wonder what a replacment windshield for a vintage Rolls Royce costs?
Click to get a better look.

1 comment:

Jean Campbell said...

Reminds me of the old joke about the itinerant worker who asked for work, and the man offered him a hundred dollars to paint his porch. When the job was done, the worker went back to the man, collected his pay and said, "By the way, that ain't a Porch, it's a Maserati."

That leads to the joke whose punch line in answer to the girl who, for a hundred dollars will 'do anything you can name in 3 words,' -- "Paint my Porch."

So far DH has painted only the posts and the bannister on the south end....