Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Name unknown, unknown variety....

We were in our local WalMart last night, looking at their seedlings. Bobby wants to buy peppers now, as they are already plants, and he doesn't have to wait for warm weather for them to germinate.....

Anyway, there was this huge cart full of beautiful tomato plants, marked 'tomato'. No variety, no common name, just 'tomato'. Generic tomatoes, for the non-discriminating gardener. They were very cheap.

I bought 3 and I can't wait to find out what kind of tomatoes they are. I just hope they are not those that remind me of eating cardboard.

And we did find pepper plants. Cowhorn, cayenne, jalapeno, giant jalapeno, serano. Still looking for the 'Ghost' pepper........

1 comment:

Diana Studer said...

Oh dear, just 'tomato' sounds distinctly as if it is the 'tastes of wet cardboard' variety. Good to see you back to blogging. You've been MIA for a long long time.

I think of you each time someone posts on rain gardening. You owe me, remember?