Thursday, September 11, 2008

Still here...

Just watching and waiting.

We will go by noon tomorrow, if we are going to go. The storm is predicted (at this time)to go in between Freeport and Galveston. That is quite a lot of difference from what was predicted yesterday, and if it holds, we will not leave at all.

I know it seems like tempting fate to wait, but honestly, it is much safer to do it this way. Traffic on the roads is un-believable, bumper to bumper. If we wait, we will miss all that fun. If we do have to leave, we will make a bee-line for somewhere south of San Antonio, and sit it out there.

Trust me when I say that we will leave if we have to. You couldn't make me stay, if it was going to come in anywhere close.

It is a beautiful fall day here too. I want to weed the vegetable garden this afternoon.

6 comments:

Carla said...

As you sit and wait, its amazing that pending danger is just miles away isn't it? Either way-take care!

Anonymous said...

Take care Janie, I hope it blows over soon.

Jean Campbell said...

Stay safe.

OhioMom said...

Yes ... stay safe!!

Lorilee said...

I am still here too! The predictions are looking better for our area. I did spend yesterday, putting away all the lawn furninure, feeders, and yard ornaments. In the evening, we went ahead and boarded up the larger windows. Hopefully, things can get back to normal soon!
Blessings,
Lorilee

OhioMom said...

How are you holding up ? Please check in when you can.

Thinking about you ...